New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Same software update keeps showing up every software update check

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

zoso2

zoso2 is on a distinguished road

every time my MBP looks for updates the "Pro Applications Update 2005-01" shows up every single time. i don't even have any pro applications. are these multiple updates building up and wasting space on my hard drive? how can i get rid of this update from appearing every time?
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

This  support page might answer it better than i can ...

About Pro Application Update 2005-01

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
zoso2

that does not explain why it reappears on every software update after installing it and i don't have any of the programs the update is for.
QUOTE Thanks
darrylyoung

darrylyoung is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iPhone 5 | iPad 4

Did you download a trial of anything then delete it? I had a trial of Aperture 3 which I deleted but soon after I saw this Pro Applications Update...
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoso2 View Post
that does not explain why it reappears on every software update after installing it and i don't have any of the programs the update is for.
That doesn't compute: installed it, don't have it.... what?

Anyway, that first part is easy to fix:
Highlight the item, select Update > Ignore Update
You won't see it again unless you select Software Update > Reset Ignored Updates

You may also be able to get them into the Ignored state by pressing the Delete key after highlighting. This doesn't work with my third-party keyboard.
QUOTE Thanks
zoso2

well it showed up in the list yesterday like it has many times anyways i installed it, like i have a few times already. i just did a software update 5 minutes ago and guess what? it shows up in the list once again. I tried hitting delete after highlighting it and that worked so i won't see it again. I may have installed a few demo's of programs but i always go through the library files and delete the ones that are left behind after uninstalling.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Out of sight, out of mind...

Glad that works for you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes Failing To Open | Free keylogger with no installation? »