New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

MacSpeech USB question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ironsides44

ironsides44 is on a distinguished road

MacSpeech instructions say to plug the headset into the computer. The instructions show a picture of plugging into the back off the computer. As there are only 4 hub connections on my mac and I have use 3, I want to save one for future (i.e. printer, etc),

I do have a hub installed in back of my computer. Can I plug my headset into the hub without degrading the quality/speech recognition? thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I have used the VXI headset that came with MacSpeech off and on for a while. When I shifted to the MacBook Pro as my main machine I started using the mic with a hub. It doesn't seem to have affected accuracy much (if at all). I am using a self-powered hub though I am not sure that would matter.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
p3ezi(moto)

p3ezi(moto) will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic

there is a way to use an internal mic if you have one installed. just use line in and soundflower. here is a pic of how you should adjust it.

Input from: Built-In Input: Internal
Output to: soundflower 2ch
and click pass thru...

you must have Linein open to use it though

GS3 - Nexus 7 - 13in Macbook
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Interesting. I think I actually used an internal mic configuration with MacSpeech briefly. Don't remember If I used other software as you suggest.

QUOTE Thanks
p3ezi(moto)

p3ezi(moto) will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
Interesting. I think I actually used an internal mic configuration with MacSpeech briefly. Don't remember If I used other software as you suggest.
i believe the software doesn't support internal mics since the latest update...but there is always a way around a wall

GS3 - Nexus 7 - 13in Macbook
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

That would explain a few things. I did the internal mic test sometime in late '08/early '09 shortly after purchasing my unibody MacBook. That was, of course, a couple of MacSpeech revisions ago and I have not tried it since. When at home I use my desktop mic in other settings I find the internal mic pics up a bit too much noise in the settings I would use it in so I haven't played with the internal mic for speech recognition.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Smart Mailboxes help | Safari 4.0.5 »