New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Apple Mail

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

meklo

meklo is on a distinguished road

I have recently had trouble with my email account. I got back a research paper that had written and wanted to send a copy of it to someone. I scanned it and turned it into a .pdf file. The first problem I encountered was that it took an extremely long time to send. Somewhere around 45 minutes. After it finally sent, which I haven't confirmed that it was received yet, the mail application started acting up. First the subfolders wouldn't refresh with messages I knew where there, via iphone. Then it started taking several minutes to send basic text emails. The program became unresponsive and would only quit through force quit. The only way I could remedy the problem was to remove my account and then add it back. It is a gmail account so this wasn't difficult. Has anyone else experienced problems like this? I searched the forum and have seen that others have had problems although not exactly like mine. Is this just bugs in the program or what? Everything appears to be running smoothly now, but I am considering switching applications. I am just interested in getting some feedback.

Meklo
QUOTE Thanks
miles01110

miles01110 will become famous soon enough

The scanned pdf file was probably huge. Mail doesn't like to send large files.
QUOTE Thanks
meklo

meklo is on a distinguished road

it was around 7mb. I wouldn't have thought that to be very large. Is there a better way to send this sort of material next time?
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

I haven't really experienced the problem you have described but I have had some large files not being received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meklo View Post
it was around 7mb. I wouldn't have thought that to be very large. Is there a better way to send this sort of material next time?
Try scanning your file at a lower resolution and quality setting. You can also try sending the file through Gmail's website rather than Mail and see if that makes a difference.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Safari 4.0.5 released | Temporary internet files (with firefox and Safari) »