New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Mac freezes whilst dvd burning with Toast Titanium

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

njharrison1979

njharrison1979 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Intel iMac Leopard 10.5.8

Hi

Ive been having a few problems with my mac G5.

I seem to think the problem starts when I try to burn a disk with toast titanium 10.

The computer just freezes and it takes about 3 hrs to burn a dvd.

It has never had a problem before.

Anybody have any idea?
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Is this specific to Toast only? And is it just DVD's?
I only ask because it's worth trying with a different program (disc utility or Burn) or maybe a different brand of disc.
It could be your drive on the way out if you still have the same problem.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
njharrison1979

the computer is just over a yr old so should the drive be failing? I have used sony and verbatim discs. Would re installing toast maybe work?
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

A G5 must be more than a year surely?
Anyway, The disc drive could fail, but as a starter, try cleaning it with a dvd disc cleaner.
Many people don't and dirt certainly builds up quickly.

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
njharrison1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
A G5 must be more than a year surely?
Anyway, The disc drive could fail, but as a starter, try cleaning it with a dvd disc cleaner.
Many people don't and dirt certainly builds up quickly.
It was bought in Jan 2009 brand new

When did the 2.4ghz iMac come out?

March 2008
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

As been mentioned try burning DVDs with a different application and see if that recreates the problem. You can use the built in OS app burner in Finder. Do you have the latest version of Toast 10? Are you using your computer while burning?

I also have Toast 10 and the latest version is 10.0.6. I'm using Snow Leopard though. Also what are you trying to burn? If you are trying to burn a movie then you are probably encoding the video in Toast which can be 3 hours or more depending on your computer. When you say the computer freezes do you mean the whole computer or just Toast?
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Ta for the link. Not a G5 then, but an Intel iMac.

QUOTE Thanks
njharrison1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
Ta for the link. Not a G5 then, but an Intel iMac.

Quite new to mac really but whats the difference?
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Entirely different processor. The G5 was the most powerful of the pre-intel machines, but they were short lived really (and not entirely reliable).
Anyway, have you resolved your original issue.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« itunes visualizer | Mail formatting driving me mad »