New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Safari: Problem Fully Loading Pages

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mikepugs

mikepugs is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard

I'm having a problem with Safari recently. It runs fine, my connection is fine, everything appears alright, but when I load news articles from websites like NHL.com or Goal.com, it wont load the content of the article. The header and everything is perfect, and it will load the title of the article, the dat it was published, etc, but it wont load the main body of the text. I've had this problem with a few websites.

I've tried clearing the cache, resetting safari, and deleting all of my cookies. I've also run system update, and I have the latest version of safari and everything relevant installed.

Regular pages open perfectly, it's only on articles I have this issue.

Any suggestions?

l 8GB iPhone 3G l 15" Macbook Pro l Powerbook G4 15" l 8GB iPod Touch l 4GB iPod Mini l
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I checked using Safari 4.0.4 visiting Goal.com and did not have any trouble with the main page, article pages, or any other part of the site.

Do you have an adblocker installed? This could be the culprit. Of course, what COULD ALSO be happening is that a javascript or flash ad is "hanging up" the load and not letting you get to the text.

Do you have the same problem in Firefox or Chrome (if you use or could use either one of those?).
QUOTE Thanks
mikepugs

mikepugs is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard

I don't have the problem in Firefox, just checked it. Besides the default pop-up blocker (the one under the Safari menu, next to preferences etc) I don't have anything special on when I'm running Safari.

I'll check to see if I have the latest flash installed.

*by the way, my Mother lives in Victoria, absolutely beautiful there.

l 8GB iPhone 3G l 15" Macbook Pro l Powerbook G4 15" l 8GB iPod Touch l 4GB iPod Mini l
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Use video instead of webcam | Steam coming to Mac/OS X »