Question Email Attachment Problems from Mac to PC
    I'm having trouble with one PC user who can never see any of my email attachments being sent from my Mac mail. Doesn't matter if it's a .pdf, .doc, .xls, .jpg or whatever other file I send. I've set up my outgoing email to send attachments that are windows-friendly and at the end of the message. Is it possible that sending messages in Rich Text instead of Plain Text is the problem? Could it be that a signature at the end of my email is a problem? Is it possible that some of the settings in their PC are the problem? What else should I do to resolve the issue? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    If you have "one" PC user having troubles receiving attachments, I would suggest the problem is at their end.

It could be some email spam blocker they're running or even their ISP.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Reply To Post
    I would tend to agree with you. However, the user receives all attachments from the other 10 people we correspond with. It's only my attachments that seem to be at issue. I'm also the only mac user. Any thoughts?

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    If the other 10 people you are sending them to have no issues with them, I'll still wager the problem is on their end, not yours.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Specs:
    MacMini 2.4, 8 Gb, OS 10.11 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.6.8
    Does Mail allow the encoding of attachments?

A Maybe
    I use Eudora, and I can set the attachment code to BinHex (pretty much universal), Apple Single, Apple Double (generally inter-Mac contacts only); or Uuencode (a complete mystery to me).

I do know that Win > Mac in RTF causes problems, but Mac > Win ... don't know. You're referring to attachments however, but if they're in RTF, that could be the problem. The other formats you refer to should not cause any bother cross-platform.
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

Problem Fixed
    Thanks for your help... I switched the message to plain text and eliminated the auto signature, and it worked.

Thread Information