New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

garmin city navigator 2010

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

buzzer107

buzzer107 is on a distinguished road

I am brand new to mac systems. My problem is that I have lots of windows based software notably Garmin City Navigator on DVD.

Is there any way that I can run this on the Mac without installing Windows. ( which I don't really want to do?)

Frank.
QUOTE Thanks
DavidHH

DavidHH has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini

Garmin now has a lot of their software that also supports Mac OSx.
Have you looked on their site for a Mac compatible version?

It is possible they may offer you a "sidegrade" (equivalent software for another OS.

DavidH
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Unless you subscribe to the Garmin updates or buy a new Garmin, a Mac version of their navigator software is probably going to cost $$. I have a new Garmin (as of Dec 2009) and it came with both Windows and OS X software.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
buzzer107

buzzer107 is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys for your input. Looks like I'm going to have to install Windows on my Mac.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Call of Duty 4 Patch Problem | uTorrent for Mac. »