New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

advice for a graphics program

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macbabs

macbabs is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I own a Macbook with 10.5.8 and a 2.2 GHz Intel processor.
I am looking for advice on a graphics program.
I have a logo that a designer did for me-I think with Illustrator?
I want to somehow take the logo and use some of the parts of it in other designs. Is there a program that I can import the logo into and then rearrange it to build different versions or designs from the logo to use in newsletters and flyers etc. I really don't want to pay $500 or $600 dollars for a program. If anyone can think of a program
that is more modest in price.
Thanks
macbabs
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

Graphic Converter? Apple photo software - Mac picture editor, photo editor, image editor, graphics conversion Brilliant! US$45.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

GraphicConverter will not help the OP if the logo is, as he implied done as a vector graphic in Illustrator.

He'll need Illustrator, or a vector program that can open Illustrator-native files. If the logo is in EPS format, you might have more options in terms of programs that can open and manipulate it, but this is why designers are expensive -- because their craft requires professional-level tools (not to mention design talent and training of course).
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Inkscape should be able to help there

Inkscape. Draw Freely.

If you find that your logo cannot import, I am sure someone on here can do the conversion to SVG format, that Inkscape uses

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Good point, louishen!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best Calendar Application? | Website game slows down on iMac »