New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iPhoto Places Tagging

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

growlgrowl

growlgrowl is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2

In the help video for tagging Events or Photos with Places, it says that a suggestion list should appear as you start typing. I don't get that!

Anyone know how to get that working? I've just installed iLife 09.

Gggrrr
QUOTE Thanks
tiger roach

tiger roach has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz

What kind of places are you looking for? The suggestion list seems to come up more promptly if you looking for a more prominent city or place. For example, when I was looking for Parque Nacional El Avila in Venezuela, I had to type the entire name before iPhoto could help me (and even then it didn't get it quite right). On the other hand, if you start typing "Paris" or something it will anticipate you.
QUOTE Thanks
growlgrowl

growlgrowl is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2

I think I've got it working now but it seems to work differently from the Tutorial Video. The City prediction doesn't appear for me on the initial screen (as it does in the video), only when I select New Place.

That's good enough I guess.

Thanks for the advice, i guess these things are a bit fiddly at first.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Word or Pages word processor? | Help with Photoshop »