New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Could I run PS through VirtualBox?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Corbab

Corbab will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4

I'm running Snow Leopard on my MBP (2.53 GHz, 4GB RAM), but unfortunately, I can't run CS3. My school has CS3, but I can't use it. School also has Leopard discs, so I'm wondering if I could run Leopard in VirtualBox and then run Photoshop in that... I'm not sure if there's enough power in VB, but is there any possibility that would work?

Just a stupid kid with a computer, so take my advice with a grain of salt if that makes a difference to you.
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

Your post is very vague and it would be helpful if you gave us a more detailed explanation in order to provide you with help. We are not mind readers.

I have Snow Leopard and Photoshop CS3 (not the Adobe suite) and it works fine. Are you saying you have a copy of CS3 or your school is providing you a copy of CS3 and it doesn't work on your computer? First question is it a legal copy that is officially given to you? If you can't install it then you probably don't have a product registration key that comes with a legal copy.

According to this site CS3 suite and Photoshop CS3 works in Snow Leopard with a few bugs but it works. So the question again is do you have a legal copy? There is no need to run Leopard and if you are using a virtual environment then it will run slower.
QUOTE Thanks
Corbab

Sorry about the lack of detail. My school has a copy of Adobe CS3 (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) that it provides students with. It's perfectly legitimate, and I've tried installing it on a few occasions to no avail. The IT guy at my school said it's an issue with running it on Snow Leopard.

Just a stupid kid with a computer, so take my advice with a grain of salt if that makes a difference to you.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

First off, you can't run OS X in a virtual environment..so that's out of the question..

What does happen when you try to install CS3 on your Snow Leopard? I'm sure there are many people who are using that combo, I have CS4 and Snow Leopard and that works fine..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
Corbab

I haven't done it in a while, but it gives me some kind of error the the effect of "Install Failed [error code]" I know CS3 isn't officially supported, but I had assumed it would still work, but it doesn't.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Aperture 2 freezing. | Mail opens 17 (!) windows on start-up. »