New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Arabic Letters in Safari

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

janewylen

janewylen is on a distinguished road

I once looked at some Arabic characters when browsing in Safari. Since then Arabic shows up in Safari at some sites. For instance, my Facebook log-in page is in Arabic now. I have to guess where to click. Even more strange, I downloaded a .pdf file from Scribd, cut and pasted it into Text Edit, and then cut and pasted it into Pages. In Pages, but not in the .pdf file nor in Text Edit, Arabic characters showed up in the text. Below are examples.

1. Some of the Arabic on my Facebook log-in page:
*ثبت نام

فیس بوک به شما کمک می*کند تا با افرادی که در زندگیتان هستند ارتباط و اشتراک داشته باشید.

فارسی

2. Examples from Pages file:

ذ Vous direz à madame Rougon toute la peine que
nous avons éprouvée en la sachant malade... Nous

Et il passa. Deux pas plus loin, il serra la main d’un
général, auquel il demanda des nouvelles de son fils,
qu’il appelait ا mon petit ami Gaston ب ; Gaston avait
l’âge du prince impérial, mais il était déjà beaucoup
plus fort.

Can anyone help me with this Safari problem, or should I trash and then redownload Safari?
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.9 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.6.8

Reset Safari, including removing all cookies, and empty the cache.

If you don't want to do that, and it can be a hassle for a while thereafter, find the cookies related to the site you visited, the one that had the Arabic characters. Remove them. As for the French text, I can't be sure where that's come from, but removing all cookies should take care of that too.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Sacre bleu! You shouldn't have to reinstall for that!

Cookies and Cache should do it.

(Personally, keeping a cache of cookies sounds like a good idea to me. Chocolate chip...)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Clean Mail.app Interface | safari interface all white »