New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iTunes Bar ticker

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

thorsonb

thorsonb is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Sold it

I Came across a nice ticker for iTunes that displays the tittle of the current plating song on the task/menu on the top of the screen..

I was browsing in incognito mode on google chrome, and lost the link (history links)

Anyone know of this app/plugin for iTunes?
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

There are at least 20 of these applications available, maybe you can find it in this list.
iTunes Controllers - iPod / iTunes - Mac OS X - Software Updates - VersionTracker

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
thorsonb

thorsonb is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Sold it

those are all paid for im a student cant afford to spend $1 on entertainment for myself!!
QUOTE Thanks
Yffum

Yffum is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Running Snow Leopard out of the box

For iTunes I use 2 great free menu bar applications.

1. BravoTunes [Link]

This is a great application with a lot of features. What it does is show whatever information you choose in the menu bar about the song. And if it doesn't fit you can make the text scroll. I just have the name and artist and I turned text scrolling off because it gets annoying. Another great feature about the application is it can show the elapsed time of a song, which is really nice. You can have it in a little vertical bar or in a pie chart like when you preview songs on the iTunes store. The application also has some amazing customization features. This includes, status bar width, scrolling speed, font style, shadow, and the vertical placement of the font on the menu bar. I use the font LucidaGrande 13 so it looks normal. Oh, and when your not playing music the app hides itself, but instead of becoming invisible it shows an annoying gray bar that says "BravoTunes" on it. It's not that bad though because it's faded.

I think that app's what your using for. If it sounds like too much, don't worry you can use its features as much or as little as you want.

[Link]

2. I Love Stars [Link]

Alright, this isn't what you requested, but if you like rating your music I highly recommend this app too. It allows to change your rating as quick and as simply as possible. Firstly, it just sits in your menu bar displaying the number of stars a certain song has just like iTunes with dots for no stars, and if you want to change it you just click on the dot you want the rating to be like in iTunes. And when you're not listening to music the stars literally roll away and are hidden. Alright, this is nice, but there are 2 other features I really like about it. The first one is you can assign keyboard shortcuts for rating songs. For example, I hold ⌥1 to give it one star, ⌥2 to give it two stars, etc. And the final feature that really helps if you're always forgetting to rate songs is that you can set it to make a sound toward the end of the song and flash in the menubar if the current song is not yet rated.

[Link]

I hope this helped!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Annoying error in iCal | Applications Thread »