How do I best get Mac games?
    Hey guys,

New Mac user here. Just wanted to ask what is the best way to get games for my beautiful Mac Pro.

Option 1: Having it shipped in a box by ordering from
    Option 2: Downloading from Steam and playing via boot camp
    Option 3: Ditching boot camp and downloading from D2D or Gamersgate
    Option 4: Torrents (?)

Would really appreciate your opinion on this.

Lake Mary, Florida
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    A bit of a subjective question, no?

Personally, I like Steam via Windows. Mac games are few and far between, and those that are "ported" are usually done via Cider (an API abstraction layer) and are really just Windows games anyway - so why have the overhead?

As far as Torrents, be aware that we don't allow discussion of illegal activity here, including piracy.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

When I get my mac games, I go to any apple premium, authorized resailer, or an apple retail store, some shops can sell them cheaper than the online apple store (NFS carbon and Next Byte on, was it Flinders street, costed $80 Aus, My Mac in Ivenhoe (I have no I dear how to spell it) costed $50 Aus, so check a few stores and get best value. Oh and buy second-hand mac games of something like Ebay is a big risk (some mac games are protected by a license code so that they only run one one mac and to stop piracy)
    Hope this helps.
    24'' Intel iMac, 3.06 GHZ dual core processor, 4 GB ram @ 800mhz, Nvidia 8800 GT graphics card with 512MB of GDDR3 memory, 500 GB Serial ATA hard drive, 6 MB shared L2 cache.

Sorry. The only reason why I included torrents in there is because a friend brought that up as I was typing the post.

Thread Information