New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Fuji FinePix Viewer install problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

djmitch

I just got a Mini a couple days ago and all went fine until I started to install second-party software! After attempting several times to install FinePix Viewer for my Fuji digital camera, I got a message each time telling me "There were errors installing the software. Please try installing again". What *&%$#@! errors is my question!!! It occurs at the point where the installer is "Running Installer Script".

Anyhow, here's what I did - hopefully someone can tell me if it's my or the computer's fault: I inserted the FinePix CD, then I double-clicked the icon on my desktop. A window appeared with the folder "FinePix Viewer for Mac OS X" (I have 10.4.1). I opened it then double-clicked the file "InstallerB.pkg". I was led through the installation steps fine until the above error message.

I've already searched Fuji's website, but I can't update FPV until I've actually installed it -- aarrrggghhhh! Please help!!
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

The program probably is not compatible with Tiger yet

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
djmitch

So how do I view and/or re-organize photos, then, that I download from my camera? In the Finder window I can't see thumbnails of my images, and iPhoto is a pain because it needs to have all my images imported into it. FinePix has always done this perfectly for me and now I'm stuck until it's Tiger compatible?!?! Great ...
QUOTE Thanks
Tel

iPhoto? Works fine for my old Kodak EasyShare (or whatever the **** its called) and work perfectly for my Canon EOS 300D even alowing me to import RAW files. Also has a great levels toolbar, I hardly ever have to use photoshop for image tweaking anymore.
QUOTE Thanks
djmitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel
iPhoto? Works fine for my old Kodak EasyShare (or whatever the **** its called) and work perfectly for my Canon EOS 300D even alowing me to import RAW files...
So if I use iPhoto as the default program for downloading photos from my camera onto my computer, does it put the files onto my hard drive in the folders I wish as well? It's my impression that iPhoto has its own folder system different from that of the hard drive, or am I not understanding something yet? Pardon my total ignorance, but I'm a 2-day old newbie!
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

I couldn't get the FinePix to install on my BW G3 either. Same error messages, in Panther. So I just plug the camera in and it shows up as a drive in the Finder. Then I just drag the pics to the folder I want.

To edit or sort I use Photoshop or IviewMultimedia. There are lots of editing and cataloging apps out there, some free (Gimp comes to mind). Check versiontracker.com or macupdate.com.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
djmitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradom
I couldn't get the FinePix to install on my BW G3 either. Same error messages, in Panther. So I just plug the camera in and it shows up as a drive in the Finder. Then I just drag the pics to the folder I want.
Good idea - that is my next resort because iPhoto won't allow this on my computer, even with the latest update!
QUOTE Thanks
djmitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
The program probably is not compatible with Tiger yet
I e-mailed Fuji about this problem and they said the same thing. I hope it's available soon - I currently have no program that will re-arrange photos and reflect the changes on my hard drive folders.
QUOTE Thanks
peterpowell

I have exactly the same problem with my Mac running Panther. I have just emailed Fuji to get their comments.
Peter Powell
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Remove Firefox search engine | Word 2004 Slow »