New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Applications Thread

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

s6nculve

s6nculve is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM 2x2GB 500GB Serial ATA Drive 7200 rpmSuperDrive

These are the apps on my MacBook Pro. I want input about any better apps or useful apps that I might want to add to my list.

1. PDFpenPro
2. BrowseBack
3. PageSender
4. MindNode Pro
5. 1Password
6. SketchBox
7. AppCleaner
8. iStat Pro
9. Vuze
10. Quicksilver
11. Drop Box
12. Air Sharing
13. Things
14. VLC Media Player
15. SousChef
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

I guess the biggest omission I see is Carbon Copy Cloner .

Carbon Copy Cloner - Home

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

Let's be absolutely clear here - are those 15 you've listed in addition to what comes with the MacOS (which version)?

I'd add Acrobat Reader (essential), Graphic Converter (brilliant), Audio Hijack, File Buddy, OnyX, Flip4Mac, MSOffice, PopChar, Sound Converter ..... the list goes on. Of course it all depends on what you want to do!

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Adium ... Chat client
Super Duper ..... HD Cloner~BackUp Solution
App Cleaner Or App Trap ...... App Uninstaller

Check Out This presuming you have SL .... Snow Leopard Compatibility

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

I would add:

- Temperature Monitor
- Coconut Battery (if you have a laptop)

By the way...your avatar info contains a lot of good specs...except that you don't mention if it's a laptop (MacBook Pro), iMac, Mac Pro, etc.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post

By the way...your avatar info contains a lot of good specs...except that you don't mention if it's a laptop (MacBook Pro), iMac, Mac Pro, etc.

- Nick
Sporting a MacBook Pro

QUOTE Thanks
s6nculve

s6nculve is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM 2x2GB 500GB Serial ATA Drive 7200 rpmSuperDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughvane View Post
Let's be absolutely clear here - are those 15 you've listed in addition to what comes with the MacOS (which version)?
Yes, those 15 I listed are in addition to what comes with my beautiful MacBook Pro 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo-4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB-500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm-SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)-MacBook Pro 15-inch Antiglare Widescreen Display
QUOTE Thanks
Maccle

Maccle is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 13" / 2.4 GHz / Intel Core 2 Duo / 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM / 250 GB HD

My own list:

Firefox
Adium
Miro
VLC
Quicksilver
Transmission
RipIt
MacJournal
RapidWeaver
Photoshop CS4

Not all of them, just the sort of uncommon ones, I guess.
QUOTE Thanks
Yffum

Yffum is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Running Snow Leopard out of the box

Alright, I think the following are all free except Adobe CS4, iStopMotion, and Microsoft Office 2008

Adobe CS4 - Best art tools ever created
AppCleaner - Uninstall apps
BravoTunes - Amazingly customizable menu bar app for displaying the currently playing song in iTunes
CapSee - Shows a warning when you put on caps lock similar to the icon that appears when you change the volume/brightness/eject
DMG Canvas - Application for making disk images
Evernote - Note taking app
GameSalad - Something for those of us who want to make games, but don't want to code
GimmeSomeTune - Great for finding iTunes lyrics / cover art
Google Earth - The entire earth on your computer
I Love Stars - Great menu bar app for rating iTunes songs
iGTD - Task manager and the best free alternative to Things (Creator is now working for Things)
iStopMotion - Stop motion movie creator
MagicPrefs - Allows you to customize you Magic Mouse
Microsoft Office 2008 - Essential
Pic2Icon - Great for turning pictures into icons
Skype - Talk to family and friends casually
VLC - Media player
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes Bar ticker | AIM chat bot? »