New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iLife - can iphoto view photos from an external hd?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JonnyG100

Hi all,

I just did an archive and install with Tiger--yay! so i moved my archive folder onto an external harddrive. In iphoto, can I simply view my photos from the external hd, or do I have to bring all of the photos back onto my main hard drive if i want to see them in iphoto? basically, how do I indicate my source for my photos in iphoto? it's much easier in itunes...prefs-->advanced. is there something equivalent in iphoto?

Thanks!

Jon
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Alt/Option + Click on iPhoto and a popup will come up and let you select a library

Just select the archived library and you are good to go

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
JonnyG100

I held the alt/option key and clicked on the iphoto icon in the dock to open it. nothing happened. Is there another way to do it?

Thanks,

Jon
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Try it again because you should get this window to come up which is the only way to do it
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 2.png (29.2 KB, 22 views)

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
JWMiller

JWMiller is on a distinguished road

So I just tried this method and got to the "choose a library", then went through that, selected the external drive, but as soon as I got to "Open" (which I assume was the last step), it just wouldn't allow me to click that button, and that's where it kept me.

Thoughts? Advice?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can't get iTunes to work | need to help iTunes to locate it's songs »