New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Aperture 3.0

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

FiosFiend

FiosFiend is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo

Just had to relate this story. I purchased Aperture 2.0 just 3 weeks ago and open my email today and they've released 3.0 >.< dohhhhhhh. So, I call Apple and get a customer service rep on the line and explain my frustration over this. He was very nice and gave me the upgrade for half price. Some times it pays to call and ask.

Macbook Pro 15" anti glare 2.8Ghz
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

That's pretty awesome. ^-^" How does it compare to the older version? I'm thinking about upgrading as well.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
FiosFiend

Well, not sure. I haven't gotten it yet, this just happened today. I'll report back once I get it.

QUOTE Thanks
TheGreatApple

TheGreatApple is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2

You know I've never used Aperture, how does it stack up to Lightroom?

**** That's Good Beer! - The Orignal Beer Bloggin' *******
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Let's get this one to the right place, thread moved to Applications forum.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
SoundsGood

SoundsGood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatApple View Post
You know I've never used Aperture, how does it stack up to Lightroom?
That's what I'd like to know too.
QUOTE Thanks
MarkCooz

MarkCooz is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook White Unibody - 2.26GHz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HDD, 9400M

Aperture 3 is great. I've used aperture 2 for like 1 month, editing and enhancing my photographer's photo's. Aperture 2 was amazing at that. I just edited some pictures yesterday, soon as i got Aperture 3

There's definitely more stuff/extras that comes with Aperture 3, new brushes that enhances some pictures, and also there are some pre-sets that you can use.
My plug-ins won't work though, unless i boot it in 32 bit.

I haven't tried making a slideshow and what not, but there's so many other extras that i have to go through, it's definitely worth the upgrade, (I haven't used LR3 before)

I'm a YouTuber, wooh.
http://youtube.com/markcooz
QUOTE Thanks
FiosFiend

Well, I've played with it a bit now. It has many of the features of iPhoto now, like faces, places, etc. It also has many more features than 2.0 had. The retouching tools/brushes are much more detailed very easy to work with. I haven't used lightroom so I really can't compare the two. But so far I really like what I see.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« vmware fusion. Winxp virtual machine help. | Opera!! »