New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iCal

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kaidee

kaidee is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MB, 4GB RAM 500GB Hardrive

Is it possible to have a mini calendar from iCal always showing on your desktop? I've done a google, but I didn't really find the answers I wanted. Preferably, if I have to download a program, I would prefer a program that is free, hopefully the full version and that if you are recommending it you have tried it. I may be asking too much, but thanks in advance
Also, I am pretty sure I posted in the right place, but I am still new to these forums so I may have posted in the wrong spot, sorry if I have!
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Will this do ?
Apple - Downloads - Dashboard Widgets - iCal Events

Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
kaidee

Hmm maybe not, I dont really use widgets, I just want it to be on my desktop, I dont want to have to do something special, if that makes sense? But the more I think about it the more it seems impossible haha.
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

This is quite a good one but does not intergrate with other Apps. Opens Ok in 10.6 but not sure of stability. It has windows that open as you move mouse over date if u have preset event.

Panda Systems: PandoCalendar
QUOTE Thanks
taylordobbs

taylordobbs is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.53 GHz MacBook Pro 13" (2009) 4 GB RAM

With Onyx (Download OnyX for Mac - OS X maintenance & optimization tool. MacUpdate Mac Software Downloads) you can turn on "developer mode" for the dashboard, which allows you to activate dashboard, click and hold on the widget you want to bring back "out" of it, then press the key to go back to regular use. The widget should come out onto the desktop.

Hope you figure something out!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylordobbs View Post
With Onyx (Download OnyX for Mac - OS X maintenance & optimization tool. MacUpdate Mac Software Downloads) you can turn on "developer mode" for the dashboard, which allows you to activate dashboard, click and hold on the widget you want to bring back "out" of it, then press the key to go back to regular use. The widget should come out onto the desktop.

Hope you figure something out!
On this you can just use Terminal and Copy/paste this in defaults write com.apple.dashboard devmode YES

Log out then back in and open DashBoard then clicking and dragging Widget to DT ..... The only problem with this is it is always live and sits above ALL other windows

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
kaidee

Thankyou for your suggestions, I went with Taylor's idea and its working well for what I want, thankyou again!
Oops, TattooedMac, I didnt refresh the page so I didnt see your post! And yes it is a problem, but I can deal with it. At least it means I will be constantly reminded of something I have to do, rather than forget
QUOTE Thanks
Babkockdood

Babkockdood is on a distinguished road

Go into /Applications/Utilites/ and open the Terminal. In the Terminal window, type this:
Code:
defaults write com.apple.dashboard devmode YES
and press enter.

Open the Dashboard, click on the little plus sign (+) in the corner, drag and drop the iCal icon into the Dashboard space.

Once the iCal widget is open, click the square on the left (it shows you the day of the week and the date) and it will show you the events for today.

Then, drag the widget, click the mouse wheel, then drop it onto the Desktop. There you go. It's on top of all windows, so keep it in the corner.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaidee View Post
Thankyou for your suggestions, I went with Taylor's idea and its working well for what I want, thankyou again!
Oops, TattooedMac, I didnt refresh the page so I didnt see your post! And yes it is a problem, but I can deal with it. At least it means I will be constantly reminded of something I have to do, rather than forget

Glad we found a solution for you to get you bye

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Picture animation app | xsata 360 help »