New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Attachments .wmv files disappeared

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

triplesea

triplesea is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: OS X Ver. 10.5.6, Intel 2.66 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2 Ram

Hello,

I have made some sort of misconfiguration in Mail. Before when I would get an email with an attachment with a .wmv file it would show in the body of the message and I could click on it and it would play. Now the attachment is not shown in the body of the message. I have to click on 'save' and save the message to my computer and then open it. Also now if I 'attach' a .wmv to an outgoing email I'm composing it does not show in the message body.

Other file attachment types are fine, just not .wmv files.

Any idea on what I can do to change this back?
QUOTE Thanks
VegasGeorge

VegasGeorge is a jewel in the roughVegasGeorge is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, and Macbook Pro

I don't know if this really has anything to do with your problem, but try installing the latest Flip4Mac on your machine. I know that wmv files won't play in Quicktime without Flip4Mac, and perhaps that has some effect on Mail's ability to show the attachments.
QUOTE Thanks
triplesea

triplesea is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: OS X Ver. 10.5.6, Intel 2.66 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2 Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGeorge View Post
I don't know if this really has anything to do with your problem, but try installing the latest Flip4Mac on your machine. I know that wmv files won't play in Quicktime without Flip4Mac, and perhaps that has some effect on Mail's ability to show the attachments.
Hi VegasGeorge,

Well, I certainly had my doubts, as I already had Flip4Mac installed, but I thought what the heck. Downloaded and re-installed it and... it now works as before!

Thanks so much!

Triplesea
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Free copies of software in exchange for trying out the beta | iTunes - add individual albums to ipod? »