New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Good label maker program for CDs / DVDs

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pandabearjohnso

pandabearjohnso is on a distinguished road

Hi all, I am looking for a program to make labels for CDs and DVDs. Does anyone have any positive experiences with any label printing programs that work with either 10.5 or 10.4?

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Use and like Click'NDesign 3D. Thirty day free trial is available"-

http://www.mymac.com/showarticle.php?id=166
QUOTE Thanks
Rottie

Rottie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
Use and like Click'NDesign 3D. Thirty day free trial is available"-

MyMac Magazine • Macintosh • iPod • iPhone • Apple TV
Hi Harry,

The link on that page (the one you've linked to) is a dead link and TBH I don't think the product is available any longer.

**EDIT** I thought I was being helpful by googling and found a softpedia page which offered an alternative download link, but it was a windows .exe file, so I deleted the link I previously added.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Use our search engine. I posted a load of links in another thread about this. I'm not searching for you though.......

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
Rottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
Use our search engine. I posted a load of links in another thread about this. I'm not searching for you though.......
Was this reply meant for me?!? Just wondering, because the answer seems to come across a little tersely. (and yes, I have now searched your posts; all 11 pages of them and didn't see anything)
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottie View Post
Was this reply meant for me?!? Just wondering, because the answer seems to come across a little tersely. (and yes, I have now searched your posts; all 11 pages of them and didn't see anything)

No, no, the OP. And I do get a little terse when people don't even bother to use the search engine, it's there for a reason.

30 seconds and....

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-...vd-labels.html

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
Rottie

Quote:
No, no, the OP. And I do get a little terse when people don't even bother to use the search engine, it's there for a reason.
Okay, just so that's cleared up.
Quote:
Oops! I guess I didn't see that - Wood and trees spring to mind.
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottie View Post
The link on that page (the one you've linked to) is a dead link and TBH I don't think the product is available any longer.
No, it's not dead (reposted) MyMac Magazine &bull; Macintosh &bull; iPod &bull; iPhone &bull; Apple TV and the product is OS X compatible. Perhaps try the link in a different browser (I use Camino). Read the review though, it doesn't come across as ... umm ... favourable.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.
QUOTE Thanks
Rottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughvane View Post
No, it's not dead (reposted) MyMac Magazine &bull; Macintosh &bull; iPod &bull; iPhone &bull; Apple TV and the product is OS X compatible. Perhaps try the link in a different browser (I use Camino). Read the review though, it doesn't come across as ... umm ... favourable.
Hi Hugh,

I'm sorry if I mislead, but it wasn't harry's link that I meant in my previous post, but the link on that review page, namely http://www.stompinc.com/cnd3d/cnd3d_...tail.phtml?stp which, when clicked, results in a 404 (page not found) error.

And yes, I agree, that "review" doesn't exactly sing the products praises. lol
QUOTE Thanks
dauber

dauber is a jewel in the roughdauber is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04

Regardless of whether someone used the "search" function...my thought is: DON'T label your CDs/DVDs/Blu-Rays, at least with stick-on labels. Why? Well, because I've seen -- and experienced first-hand -- the damage labels can do to a CD...can you say, "dissolve the coating and screw up the playable surface permanently"? Will be happy to provide a picture, too.

My advice: just take a felt-tip pen and label the plastic see-through inner ring, and put the disc in a jewel case that has an identifying insert.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauber View Post
Regardless of whether someone used the "search" function...my thought is: DON'T label your CDs/DVDs/Blu-Rays, at least with stick-on labels. Why? Well, because I've seen -- and experienced first-hand -- the damage labels can do to a CD...can you say, "dissolve the coating and screw up the playable surface permanently"? Will be happy to provide a picture, too.

My advice: just take a felt-tip pen and label the plastic see-through inner ring, and put the disc in a jewel case that has an identifying insert.

Agreed, unless you buy ink jet printable discs, and have the equipment to use them, you are better off not sticking labels on the discs. Drives are fickle things, designed to take discs of a set thickness. Adding a label messes with this, and if they start to peel in the warmth of the drive, you're in trouble.

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauber View Post

BAM

Quote:
Agreed, unless you buy ink jet printable discs, and have the equipment to use them, you are better off not sticking labels on the discs. Drives are fickle things, designed to take discs of a set thickness. Adding a label messes with this, and if they start to peel in the warmth of the drive, you're in trouble.
BAM
Felt tip pens are the best for labelling
Straight out of drive and name it whilst still fresh n your mind !!!!

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Question about Migrating MS Office 2008 | FINDER issues in OS10.5.8 »