New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

itunes smart playlists not showing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

growlgrowl

growlgrowl is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2

I wanted to add a new smart playlist to my iPod touch. I sync my iPod with various playlists but not my whole library.

I created the playlist in itunes then in the music tab of the iPod in itunes I went to tick the box to select the new playlist. However the new playlist wasn't there to select. The Recently Added smart playlist was there… until I amended it (even though I completely reset it to the original settings).

Any ideas?

Ggggrrr
QUOTE Thanks
growlgrowl

Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2

I'm surprised no-one has a clue about this.

I can add ordinary playlists to my iPod touch but not smart ones. And the standard recently played is no longer on my ipod.

Anybody?

Gggrrr
QUOTE Thanks
Cycledoc22

Cycledoc22 is an unknown at this point

Same problem. Smart playlist working fine until recent itunes update.

The playlist shows on the ipod listings in I tunes but not on the ipod when I check playlists. Puzzling? Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
growlgrowl

Actually I've worked something out. Don't use things like ' media kind is not'. Removing this made it appear in iPod list! Just use 'media kind is music' and other positive statements... Just be positive and visualise... Ha ha Ha! honestly it works now!
QUOTE Thanks
mj662

mj662 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by growlgrowl View Post
Actually I've worked something out. Don't use things like ' media kind is not'. Removing this made it appear in iPod list! Just use 'media kind is music' and other positive statements... Just be positive and visualise... Ha ha Ha! honestly it works now!
I am trying to get a smart playlist to work in my Beautiful Clock Radio app and was having trouble syncing it to the iphone. I had "media kind" "is" and it did not show up in the music area when syncing the iphone, I removed the ""media kind" option and it showed up! This app is very cool if anyone is looking for a clock radio, i can now have a button just for a podcast!

Thanks for the help!
QUOTE Thanks
CanuckBoater

CanuckBoater will become famous soon enough

Songs in my Playlist have disappeared.

Not a "Smart Playlist"

Simply songs that were once in a FOLDER are gone.

90% of Folders are empty.

Thoughts? Assistance greatly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes beta about to expire, no update available.. | Safari bugs »