Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Jbob's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 08, 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    127
    Specs:
    17" Macbook Pro (2009)
    QuickTime Player 7 & Snow Leopard
    Hi,

    Im trying to install QuickTime Player 7 on my MBP (Snow Leopard) and on the Apple website it says that its in the optional installs on the SL install disc ..... I cant find it !!!!

    Ive followed the instructions from Apple but its just not there !!

    To install the QuickTime Player 7 from the Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard install DVD:

    Insert your Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Install DVD.
    Open the Optional Installs folder and double-click "Optional Installs.mpkg".
    Select the QuickTime 7 option and click Continue.
    QuickTime Player 7 will be installed in your Utilities folder.


    I could be doing something wrong lol

    Any ideas ?

    Cheers J

  2. #2

    Jbob's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 08, 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    127
    Specs:
    17" Macbook Pro (2009)
    This is what I get if I try to download it from the web


  3. #3

    Collin Bl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 07, 2009
    Location
    Napier NZ
    Posts
    3,294
    Specs:
    27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S
    If u upgraded to SL then QT 7 would have been moved into Applications/Utilities - have a look there. You can run it from there and keep the icon in the dock for next time.

  4. #4

    Jbob's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 08, 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    127
    Specs:
    17" Macbook Pro (2009)
    I didn't upgrade. The MBP came with SN

  5. #5

    MACyMouse's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 25, 2004
    Location
    Australia (American born)
    Posts
    712
    Specs:
    MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
    OMG I'm so glad I searched this forum because I've been going crazy trying to get my old Quicktime 7 back after installing SL. I bought the Pro version a few years back and I NEED the pro version.

    Thanks Collin!!

  6. #6

    MYmacROX's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 17, 2009
    Posts
    3,625
    Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Jbob, did you try searching Finder or Spotlight for "Quicktime"? Even if you can't seem to manually locate it in your Applications folder or anywhere else, you are receiving the message that says it is already installed. So it must be somewhere.

  7. #7

    MACyMouse's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 25, 2004
    Location
    Australia (American born)
    Posts
    712
    Specs:
    MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
    Quote Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
    Jbob, did you try searching Finder or Spotlight for "Quicktime"? Even if you can't seem to manually locate it in your Applications folder or anywhere else, you are receiving the message that says it is already installed. So it must be somewhere.
    He DIDN'T upgrade, so he doesn't have a previously downloaded version inside the Utilities folder. The message "already installed" means he's got version X installed which is SL's version, not version 7.

  8. #8

    MYmacROX's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 17, 2009
    Posts
    3,625
    Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by MACyMouse View Post
    He DIDN'T upgrade, so he doesn't have a previously downloaded version inside the Utilities folder. The message "already installed" means he's got version X installed which is SL's version, not version 7.
    Sorry, I was understanding the original post to mean the OP went through all the steps of installing 7.

    Maybe I misunderstood what he meant by this...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbob View Post
    Ive followed the instructions from Apple but its just not there !!

    To install the QuickTime Player 7 from the Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard install DVD:

    Insert your Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Install DVD.
    Open the Optional Installs folder and double-click "Optional Installs.mpkg".
    Select the QuickTime 7 option and click Continue.
    QuickTime Player 7 will be installed in your Utilities folder.


    I could be doing something wrong lol

    Any ideas ?

    Cheers J

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. snow leopard/iphoto/quicktime issue
    By fiddlermac in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2012, 09:03 AM
  2. Quicktime 7 not installing in Mac OSX Snow Leopard
    By lexbubbles in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 03:08 PM
  3. QuickTime Pro on Snow Leopard
    By Ciwan in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-25-2011, 03:32 AM
  4. Snow Leopard: Quicktime 10.0 prefs?
    By entropy in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 03:35 PM
  5. Quicktime under Snow Leopard
    By AAhitman in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-31-2009, 01:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •