New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Internet - Opera Quits?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

yuvchg

Hello,

I'm new here...

I'm trying to find a solution for my problem.

I have been using Mac and I got Opera browser and every time that I try to load-it just quiting...

Does anybody know what to do?

Thank You

--
"Give and you shall receive"

Yuval Goldberg
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Did you upgrade to Tiger?
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Try repair permissions. After every software update, and about every 2 weeks: close all apps and log totally off. Log on, go in Finder, Applications. Utilities, Disk Utility. After the message -getting disk information- select volume (below the hard drive name -upper left corner). Just highlight it. Now look to the lower two things are there near the middle, verify permissions, repair permissions. Click repair permissions
QUOTE Thanks
yuvchg

Hi,
Thank You,
But it didn't work...

I have Mac G4 OS-X 10.2.8.

Thank You
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute

What all have you tried to fix the problem? Maybe, you should uninstall Opera and search for Opera's contents in the Finder and delete them. Then reinstall it.
QUOTE Thanks
yuvchg

Anyother idea?
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

Did you upgrade to a newer version of Opera? Do you remember downloading any plugins before the crashing?
QUOTE Thanks
yuvchg

hi good morning,

actually I just test it in a different user and it worked!
but when I'm trying on my user- it dosn't.
I deleted the all opera's files in my computer and I repeired the permissions
I reinstalled it (the 8 version and still it keep crashing...?!?!!?
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

I honestly think that you have a plugin that is not letting Opera launch. First, shut down opera, then go to user-or-home/ library/ internet plug-ins. Then, drag all of the plugins to a temporary location, so don't delete them. Then, start Opera again.
QUOTE Thanks
yuvchg

Hi,

didn't work???
QUOTE Thanks
James

James is a jewel in the roughJames is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvchg
hi good morning,

actually I just test it in a different user and it worked!
but when I'm trying on my user- it dosn't.
I deleted the all opera's files in my computer and I repeired the permissions
I reinstalled it (the 8 version and still it keep crashing...?!?!!?
If it doesn't work under your access, yet it works under some bodys elses, that sounds to me like you don't have the proper access to use it. Under your access go to the file icon and right click on it and choose INFO. Down close to the bottom check who is the owner. Right below that click on the triangle that says DETAILS and set all the access to READ & WRITE.

With everything set to read & write try and run the program again and see if it works then.

Mac Pro Intel 2.66 - 4 Gigs Ram - 10.6.1 - 30" Apple Monitor
iMac 24" 2 gigs ram - MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

Okay, I'll give one last ditch effort. Go to user/library/preferences/Opera Preferences, and user/library/PreferencePanes/Opera Preferences. Delete those two folders, those folders will reappear later, if Opera does decide to work. I know you said that you deleted all of its files, but it just still seems that something related to Opera is preventing itself from launching.

You might want them to refer to the site to speed up the process of you getting this fixed.:
http://my.opera.com/forums/

You might want them to refer to the site to speed up the process of you getting this fixed.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iChat 3.0 Audio Conferencing | Anti-Virus Software »