New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Stickies in Finder

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

velin

velin is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Is there an application out there that allows me to save stickies inside folders in Finder?

I'm a confused soul, an application like this could really help me. For instance, I'd place a stickie on friday eve before leaving the office telling myself "You've already sent the files in this folder to Mr. Client. Don't do it again." Or "This is the folder where you placed the very, very important file, it's called Important.doc." or simply "THIS ONE!!!". Stickies placed on my desktop are hidden when I'm searching in Finder...

In reality I put stickies not just on my desk and screenside, but also in folders, books and on papers... Are there any counterpart available for my beloved Macbook?
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Welcome velin

If you want to use the sticky App you could write your sticky note and then in the top left corner there is a Arrow symbol. If you click that it will bring up a window to save it. Save it to desktop in plain text.
Unfortunately this will only save it as a Plain Text Document .. but if you Name it correctly you should be able to drag it to the folder you want. Then you will have a reminder.
The down side is it isnt in the sticky note look.

Ill do a little searching to see if there is a Sticky note looking one out there and post back

Cheers

EDIT: well after some soul searching had no luck in finding something to put a sticky in a folder ... The plain text Save is the closest ATM..
Give it time keep looking BC there might be someone in this forum knows of something

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
... in the top left corner there is a Arrow symbol. If you click that it will bring up a window to save it. Save it to desktop in plain text.
On mine (Os10.5.8) it's a box, not an arrow. But, it works as stated. Also, from Stickies Help:

Quote:
You can export text from a sticky note to create a text file.

To export text from a sticky note:

Click the sticky note that contains the text you want to export.

Choose File > Export Text.

Type a name and choose a destination for the text file you’re creating.

Choose a format from the Format pop-up menu:

Plain Text: Cannot include paragraph and font formatting or graphics and other embedded files.

RTF: Can include paragraph and font formatting. If you add graphics to a Rich Text Format (RTF) file, it is changed to a Rich Text Format Directory (RTFD) file.

RTFD: Can include paragraph and font formatting, as well as graphics and other embedded files.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Better yet, just highlight and drag the text from your note into the folder
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

That's cool. Works great if you have Stickies and Finder Windows assigned to the same Space. Otherwise, the Export method might be easier to accomplish, but I haven't tested that.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by technologist View Post
Better yet, just highlight and drag the text from your note into the folder
To easy ..... Just didnt click that you could

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Aom | lost photo booth? »