New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Keynote and Flip 4Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RandR

RandR is on a distinguished road

I receive beautiful PPS files and when I open them in Keynote, there is no music and it just isn't as pretty as when they're opened in our PC.

Also, the Flip4Mac is the size of a postage stamp when
I open a Windows Media file.

We bought this iMac last March and since it was so highly touted by graphic artists, I can't find much to write home about. It is lack luster and when I've created something in Paint Shop Pro, signatures that are in motion, snow or raindrops, it just shows up on the Apple without any animation at all. It's only when I turn on the PC that I can see the beauty.

Any suggestions or is this just the way this OS works?

Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
Rimmer

Rimmer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandR View Post
I receive beautiful PPS files and when I open them in Keynote, there is no music and it just isn't as pretty as when they're opened in our PC.

Also, the Flip4Mac is the size of a postage stamp when
I open a Windows Media file.

We bought this iMac last March and since it was so highly touted by graphic artists, I can't find much to write home about. It is lack luster and when I've created something in Paint Shop Pro, signatures that are in motion, snow or raindrops, it just shows up on the Apple without any animation at all. It's only when I turn on the PC that I can see the beauty.

Any suggestions or is this just the way this OS works?

Thank you.
It's not the way the OS works. I work in the entertainment industry and many of the Powerpoint slaves have moved over to Keynote due to it's transitions and visual quality.

Are you sure you're using exactly the same file that your using on the PC? Check the file size etc.. If it's the size of a postage stamp then it sounds like it's been resized somehow. Maybe in an email program if someone doesn't know what they're doing..

Rimmer
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Changing the default program to open images? | trashing Skype »