New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Convert .NCO backup files

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Gaffle

Gaffle is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13" 160gig

I just purchased a 13" MBP. I have finally thrown my old PC HDDs into an external enclosure. Let the backing up begin. I thought I lost all of my music because my main drive decided to fail, alas I did have a brain because I found a backup file of music in a different drive. Unfortunately the backup files are done with Nero software. Nero is not available on a Mac. I can change the files if I rename the .nco to .zip. This would take me like 2 weeks to change each MP3.NCO to a .zip...

Is there some kind of program (preferably freeware/opensource) that could convert a large amount of files at once? I did purchase Parallels with my computer. I have not installed it yet, almost thought I wouldn't need it. The idea of wasting space on this comp for windows doesn't sound too exciting. I guess I could load up Parallels, install XP, put on Nero, restore that backup, and finally copy the restored file from XP to SL. Ugh. My life would be a bit easier if there was a program that could do most of this for me through SL. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
VegasGeorge

VegasGeorge is a jewel in the roughVegasGeorge is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, and Macbook Pro

Automator can do that for you. For example, check out Renaming Files and Folders the Automator Way - AppleMatters

There are probably existing Automator workflows available for downloading that will do what you need. But it's so simple that you might as well build the workflow yourself.

Automator is already on your Mac. Comes with!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Odd MIDI question | HELP! Super slow browser »