New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Is there a way to tell iPod to sync only songs in iTunes that are "checked"?


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
AxiomOfChoice

 
Member Since: Aug 05, 2008
Posts: 29
AxiomOfChoice is on a distinguished road

AxiomOfChoice is offline
I'm sure there's some way to tell iPod to just sync songs in your library that are checked and not sync ones that are unchecked...but how do you do it?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

 
clayneal's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 27, 2009
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 2,146
clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

clayneal is offline
There sure is. I was going to type it out for you but it's all right here :

How to Only Sync Certain Songs - By Unchecking Songs - How to Sync in iTunes - Limit iTunes Syncing

hope this helps
clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
Mac Pro

 
Mac Pro's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 06, 2009
Posts: 238
Mac Pro is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD

Mac Pro is offline
Plug in your iPod and go to the page with your ipod information on it. Then click on the music tab and check the box that says only sync selected songs. A google search could have given you this information just so you know.

Edit: clayneal beat me to it.

Use the reputation system
QUOTE Thanks
AxiomOfChoice

 
Member Since: Aug 05, 2008
Posts: 29
AxiomOfChoice is on a distinguished road

AxiomOfChoice is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Pro View Post
Plug in your iPod and go to the page with your ipod information on it. Then click on the music tab and check the box that says only sync selected songs. A google search could have given you this information just so you know.
Thanks for the help, and for the snide remark.

I find that, in many cases, I get more efficient and clever solutions by posting questions on forums like this instead of brute-Googling, and I often save time.

I'm not sure why I feel the need to explain this to you, but there you have it.
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

 
clayneal's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 27, 2009
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 2,146
clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

clayneal is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxiomOfChoice View Post
Thanks for the help, and for the snide remark.

I find that, in many cases, I get more efficient and clever solutions by posting questions on forums like this instead of brute-Googling, and I often save time.

I'm not sure why I feel the need to explain this to you, but there you have it.
I didn't find his remark snide at all. He answered your question and let you know that in the time it took you to ask the question and come back for the response you would have had your issue resolved.

And this is true as you can see from the link I left you which was the result of said google search.

Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
AxiomOfChoice

 
Member Since: Aug 05, 2008
Posts: 29
AxiomOfChoice is on a distinguished road

AxiomOfChoice is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayneal View Post
I didn't find his remark snide at all. He answered your question and let you know that in the time it took you to ask the question and come back for the response you would have had your issue resolved.

And this is true as you can see from the link I left you which was the result of said google search.

Clay
You could be right, and as it's difficult to discern motive and intent in message board conversations, I'll be the first to admit that I could have read the tone incorrectly.

So, if I was wrong, MacPro, I'm sorry. And thanks again to both of you for the help.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Entourage can't apply rules | PDF Printer »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
How can I sync all songs to iPod with no playlists or just selected playlists? AubreyL iPod Hardware and Accessories 1 07-11-2007 05:43 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?