Slow graphic for World of Goo on Macbook (late 2009)
    I was trying to play world of goo on my new macbook, but the graphic turned out to be quite slow. The game is only 90 mb, nothing intense. I tried to end unnecessary background applications in activity monitor, but that didn't make any noticeable difference. Is this supposed to happen? I thought the macbook video card is pretty good. Any suggestion is appreciated. I am new to mac.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I went to their site to see if they listed minimum system requirements, however, I couldn't find anything at all - unless I missed it.

Which MacBook do you own (model, year) and how much memory do you have?

Regards.

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    I have an early 2008 MB with the Intel GMA X3100 and from what I remember (haven't played the game in a while), it ran fine. Have you adjusted the graphics/video settings in the game?
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

I have the late 2009 white unibody polycarbonate macbook. Here is its stats page Apple - MacBook - Technical Specifications .
    Also, there doesn't seem to be any kind of graphic/video setting available in the game.
    I'm gonna try out the game on my windows laptop, let's see how that turns out.

Also, a quick question. How do I minimize the game to show the desktop on mac? I know in windows, you press the windows key.

I just played world of goo on both my hp windows 7 laptop (2.5 ghz, 4gb, nvidia 128mb) and on my macbook. The difference is immense. The graphic on my windows pc is way snappier than what the mac produces. I know my hp laptop is equipped with better processor and more ram than my macbook, but it's truly disappointing that the macbook can't even handle a 90 mb game.

Specs:
    | '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
    Well, then I guess it's a good thing you have a pc to play your fun little games on hey?

But... this doesn't justify that the macbook sucks at games. I mean, I don't expect it to play something like call of duty or any other graphic intense computer games. I am not a hardcore gamer anyways. But come on, shouldn't it at least be able to handle world of goo?

Thread Information