iTunes Has Stopped Working
    Hello all!

I have just recently purchased a new Macbook Pro (Snow Leopard 10.5.8/Intel) and have been learning how to find my way around it. I have hit an issue though with iTunes not working.

I have researched what I could about it but nothing I've tried works; removed iTunes and reinstalled, downloading the latest version and reinstalling, and reset the file permissions.

What is happening is that when either launched from the dock (?) or within the application folder, the iTunes icon bounces up and down approx 4 times then my system stops responding an is useless for about 5 minutes. In this period, you can't 'Quit Process' (no matter what you try and push, the coloured 'pinwheel' spins).

Hopefully there is some mac guru out there that can help.

The Republic of Neptune
    One thing to try is deleting the preference file, named You'll find it in ~/Library/Preferences/

Also... just exactly how did you remove and reinstall iTunes? Are you SURE you have the correct version of iTunes for your OS? You say you have Snow Leopard, then say you have 10.5.8. 10.5.x is NOT Snow Leopard. It is simply Leopard. Snow Leopard is 10.6.x.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information