New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Help with Photoshop

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ken_NJ

Ken_NJ is on a distinguished road

Hi, hopefully I am in the right place. I have a decal that I need to make using only text. I was unable to find an actual font online that matched what I need to make. So I scanned in the image and I am trying to clean it up and resize it, but I am really not good at doing this. Is there anyone here that can do this for me? It should not take long to do if you know what you are doing, which I do not. If I had the right font, I would not have to go through this trouble. I am using a Mac with Tiger and Photoshop 7.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_NJ View Post
Hi, hopefully I am in the right place. I have a decal that I need to make using only text. I was unable to find an actual font online that matched what I need to make. So I scanned in the image and I am trying to clean it up and resize it, but I am really not good at doing this. Is there anyone here that can do this for me? It should not take long to do if you know what you are doing, which I do not. If I had the right font, I would not have to go through this trouble. I am using a Mac with Tiger and Photoshop 7.
Would help if you provided the files. >_>"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Ken_NJ

Was not sure if anyone would want to do this or not. The pic shows you what the lettering I need done looks like. I scanned that picture and straightened it out and started cleaning it up. The final dimension I would like are 3/4 inches high and 6 inches long. The foreground color is Navy Blue and the background is a light blue. I was using #000080 and #99CCFF. I am also lousy with colors. Would you have a font that looks like this. It's custom lettering on the boat, so I guess it's freelance letting.
Attached Images
File Type: psd original.psd (1,012.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: psd SS Miss Belmar_upper.psd (284.9 KB, 8 views)
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I was bored and was doing it on a full stomach, so sorry if it looks chunky. >_<"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Ken_NJ

All I can say is WOW! I would have spent a whole day trying to figure how to do this and even then it would not even have come out half as nice as this. Wonderful. Thank you very much!

Now, I want to put this and other graphics on a 8.5 x 11 sheet and have an online decal place make me a sheet so I can put these on my model boat. Is there anything I should know about condensing everything onto one sheet?

Just noticed, can the light blue shadow be moved downward slightly?
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

Lowered version. I can send you the original PSD file if you want to ticker with the shadow. It's just that I did it in CS4 so not sure if you can open it in Photoshop 7.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Ken_NJ

Sounds good, will give it a try with the psd CS4 format.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

Okay, here it is.
Attached Images
File Type: psd BoatLettering.psd (279.3 KB, 4 views)

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Ken_NJ

It opened fine in PS 7. Was able to change the size & shadow around no problem. I guess I should see about getting a dummies book on PS. At least once a year I come across something like this that I need to do in PS. Just don't use it enough.

I have some miniature signs I need to do as well, I will give it a shot. But I know I will be wasting my time. Would you be interested in looking at these signs?

Thanks CrimsonRequiem!!!
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

Quote:
It opened fine in PS 7. Was able to change the size & shadow around no problem. I guess I should see about getting a dummies book on PS. At least once a year I come across something like this that I need to do in PS. Just don't use it enough.

I have some miniature signs I need to do as well, I will give it a shot. But I know I will be wasting my time. Would you be interested in looking at these signs?

Thanks CrimsonRequiem!!!
Well I say bring it, but don't expect me to do them right away. I only do this kind of stuff when I feel bored and having nothing better to do. ^-^"

Plus it's not like I get any compensation or anything. >_<"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Ken_NJ

Your absolutely right. Your doing something for nothing. Some people have talent with doing graphic stuff like this, I do not but I have other talents. If you do not want to do this then don't. I can make an attempt at it, but it will take me a while. I will scan the images and post them regardless.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

Quote:
Your absolutely right. Your doing something for nothing. Some people have talent with doing graphic stuff like this, I do not but I have other talents. If you do not want to do this then don't. I can make an attempt at it, but it will take me a while. I will scan the images and post them regardless.
It's a fun project, I hope you will post pictures when you complete it. ^-^"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Ken_NJ

Just to let you know what I am doing. I build radio control model boats. The model I am working on now is a local fishing boat, which is no longer in New Jersey. The real boat is 110 feet+ long. My model is built from the original builders plans. My model is 56 inches long. I actually built it 20 years ago, but I am rebuilding it now. And going into greater detail on the construction.

The 1st pic is the revised model in my pool, taken last summer.
The 2nd pic is how the real boat looked about 1985.
The 3rd pic is the model, modeled after the 1985 appearance.

I attached a shot of the signboards that go on the upper deck. The psd file was to large to attach. The center sign will be 2 x 4 inches. The round signs are 2 inches. The 2 round signs are for winter fishing. I have no shots of the summer round signs so I will need to be creative for the summer signs.

If you want to do this, thank you very much again!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P9140330.jpg (40.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg missbelmar.jpg (8.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg missbelmarmodel.jpg (9.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg signboards_large.jpg (320.0 KB, 17 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Ken_NJ

Anyone. In post #8, how do I change the dark blue foreground color of the graphic? I found how to change the drop shadow OK. Sorry, I am not a bog Photoshop user.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

Quote:
Anyone. In post #8, how do I change the dark blue foreground color of the graphic? I found how to change the drop shadow OK. Sorry, I am not a bog Photoshop user.
You can use the magic wand to do a selection of the letters and then paintbucket it with a color, or a solid color adjustment layer. Which ever is easier.

I'm looking at the other pictures that you posted. Not sure what sign you want me to redo?

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhoto Places Tagging | new mac user help... »