Specs:
    iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM
    Editing Photos With iPhoto
    Just wondering, is there a way to have iPhoto edit the picture itself rather that saving a copy of the original picture and saving a new changed picture? Can I also have iPhoto stop making those folders that are made when I edit a new picture? Thanks! :biohazard

Specs:
    So... Is that a no?

Tel
    I'm not really sure why you'd want it to do that. Do you mean you want it to stop backing up your images?

Specs:
    Well here's the thing, when I edit photos with iPhoto, two imgaes are saved, the original and the edited. All the images are scattered in the iPhoto folder in Pictures according to the dates I first viewed it with iPhoto. Iwas wondering if you could just have iPhoto edit the picture itself, not saving another file as the newly edited photo.

Tel
    I think the easiest way of doing that would be to edit them in iPhoto, select all of the images you have edited in iPhoto, drag them to a folder of your choice then delete all the iPhoto archive, you should be able to set up an Automator script to do it for you.

I still don't see why you would want to do it that way though. I have my iBook set up at the moment (using a custom Automator script) to transfer RAW files from my camera, burn them to a blank disk and then import them into a new album in iPhoto, I'm happy that iPhoto keeps all the originals. I also periodically back my iPhoto archive to my external hard drive. I like the fact that I have my photos stored in 3 places, I would hate to lose any of them.

Specs:
    Thanks!

Thread Information