New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iDVD Crashes every time i Burn

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jhelm007

jhelm007 is a jewel in the roughjhelm007 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD

This may have been covered ad nauseum in a previous threads, but my search did not turn up anything obvioiusly solving my problem so here goes. I am using iDVD 3 for the first time, and I may just be doing something stupid (so please don't hold back on the ridicule and sarcasm if that is the case). I have put together a project in iMovie and when I use it to build a project in iDVD and click 'Burn,' the process starts and within about 3 minutes it crashes. Every time. 3 coasters and counting (one DVD-R was untouched by the process, but the others are coasters). What am I doing wrong here? is this common in v3... am I going to have to pony up and get iLife'05? I'm using good Memorex media. The drive burns Data DVDs very well. My 'puter is well above the sys reqs. for iDVD 3. Is there something I have to do before i click the burn button?

Help!
JRH
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Are you running iDVD 3.0.1 and iMovie 3.0.3?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
jhelm007

jhelm007 is a jewel in the roughjhelm007 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman
Are you running iDVD 3.0.1 and iMovie 3.0.3?
Yessirree.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I have not used iDVD 3.0.1. I have worked with iMovie 3.0.3. I did not start burning DVDs until I got iLife '04.

My guess would be the media that you are using. I know there have been discussions here on the brand of media to use. I have used Apple's version, Fujii, Imation, TDK, and Verbatim. I tend to use either Verbatim or TDK regularly.

I suggest you try another brand of DVDs.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« backup recommendations | Numerous Application Crashes (Firefox) »