New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iLife - iPhoto Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

GotMac?

For some odd reason i can not get iPhoto to work for the life of me. so i am just gonna stop trying. Anyone have any suggestions for a program similar to this that is good. thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

what are you trying to do in iphoto? do you need another photo management app, or another way to get your images off of a camera?
QUOTE Thanks
GotMac?

Another photo management app, sorry. it trys to find photos forever, then when i try to import from anywhere it shuts down, it just doesn't work period so i am looking for a new app.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

ok, delete iphotos preferences. its here:
mac hd>users>your username>library>preferences>com.apple.iPhoto.plis t delete that .plist file, iphoto should be ok. if by some small chance, its not, repair permissions.
what version of iphoto are you using?
QUOTE Thanks
GotMac?

That did not work, and i am using 4.0.3 do you just know of any other apps? i have a feeling nothing will help this program
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

not that I know of, everyone just uses iphoto, do you have the software restore disc so you can reinstall ilife 04? or the panther install discs, just use pacifist to extract it and thats it.
QUOTE Thanks
GotMac?

the only thing i have is the disc that came with my ibook i used it to install OSX on my G4. and even with a fresh install iPhoto still doesn't work
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

that sounds like a problem possibly with the disc if an erase and install wont fix it.
QUOTE Thanks
GotMac?

The disc is brand new though, not scratched or anything
QUOTE Thanks
GotMac?

so what do you suggest i do? buy iLife? i bet that is arm and a leg.
QUOTE Thanks
GotMac?

Ok i have no idea. i just did a clean install then installed iLife 05 and still when i try to add folders it just shuts down. and never stops "loading pictures" i give up lol.

Does anyone know of any other good photo managent apps? i really need one
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

Mr Bobbins has a spectacular aura about

iphoto is a good photo management app that's why macman is trying to help you sort the problem out.

What's the point in buying a different program if it's not the programs fault in the first place. i. e iphoto works fine for everyone else !!!

it must be something to do with your set-up, the way your using the program or your hardware which is causing the problem. :bomb:
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Mod Note: Clarified Title and moved to correct forum. In the future please read this post before posting again:
Forum Courtesy

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
GotMac?

Actually you didn't clarify the title. i was not asking for help to fix iphoto i was asking what other options i had for photo managent apps, what other options i had. as for moving it, thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

For alternatives try http://www.macupdate.com and search for photo apps. But you really won't find anything comparable to iPhoto that won't cost you a bunch. Your best bet is to figure out why iPhoto keeps crashing on you.

My bet is that you have some corrupted images that is crashing iPhoto. Are you just grabbing the folders and dumping into iPhoto?

I would suggest importing the images individually into iPhoto to see if that works.

Also, have you tried looking at the iPhoto crash log to see what it says?

Also this link has some useful info about half way down the page on iPhoto db issues.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Translation Software | Safari Bookmarks Sorting? »