Thread: setting up ssh

zero17
    setting up ssh
    is anybody knows how to set ssh on my poerbook so I can access my computer through ssh from other computer.

thanks...

System Preferences > Sharing > Services, Find Remote Login on the list and enable it.

Then just SSH into it using terminal, by typing ssh username@ipaddress, where you replace username with your username and ipaddress with the IP address of the computer you are trying to connect to.

Are both of the computers on the same network? if the one you are trying to connect to is behind a router then you might need to do some port forwarding.

zero17
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameis
    System Preferences > Sharing > Services, Find Remote Login on the list and enable it.

Then just SSH into it using terminal, by typing ssh username@ipaddress, where you replace username with your username and ipaddress with the IP address of the computer you are trying to connect to.

Are both of the computers on the same network? if the one you are trying to connect to is behind a router then you might need to do some port forwarding.
    ok.. thanks..

Thread Information