New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Formatting my MBP, iTunes library save?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

orcas1013

orcas1013 is on a distinguished road

I am formatting my MBP since it is having some issues, but with as much time as I put into my iTunes library making sure everything is named and organized the way I want it to be I am thinking there has to be a way for this wonderful library data to be saved so I won't have to reorganize 40 gigs of music :-0 the when I reinstall iTunes... any help?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Simply copy the contents of your iTunes music folder. As long as you plan on keeping the music in the same spot after the format, all the preference files will still be pointing to the same directory.

Keep in mind that ID3 tags get incorporated into the music files themselves, so the only thing you'll really lose if you start from scratch are the playlists and maybe a few album covers here or there (which you can easily add in again).

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Garageband 09 | Running software for Intel on Power PC »