New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

WIndows word document to Desktop Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Trudijane

Trudijane is on a distinguished road

Hi. I have an old but great Toshiba PC Laptop which I rarely use anymore and I expect to buy an Apple laptop soon. The laptop has both a floppy disk and one for some kind of CD and an ethernet connection. I cannot connect it to the internet unless there is a trial with aol and I can E-mail it to my E-mail address (just thought of that).

There is ONE document that I would like to save to some kind of disk so that I can transfer it to my iMac. I managed to transfer it to a "floppy disk" but I would have no means to read it on my desktop as it has no floppy disk drive. Is there some kind of disk or CD that I can put in the drive that I can transfer this word document to, and then insert it into my desktop so I can get it on this computer?

Or, can someone transfer the document from a floppy to a CD? I can hold onto it on the floppy disk, but it's useless if I can't read it.

Thanks very much!
QUOTE Thanks
Aqua

Aqua has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini

Unless I'm not understanding the questions right, I had no problem transferring my PC documents (word), music, firefox and thunderbird things to my mac. Granted I had Tiger at the time and things did get complicated later but I don't think the option is blocked. I used a 'plain' (not a crossover which many were saying is necessary, it's not with a mac) ethernet cable and found my pc (I'm not sure where the instructs are but they can be found easily on the net). Just make sure that you turn the firewall off on the PC or I'm not sure but you may be able to just allow it with in the PC firewall settings. On the mac I believe you need to enable Network and Sharing. Once you find your PC in finder you can search it as you would the mac.. As for using an external that is formatted for PC, there are many options that allow it, many are free and I think one of them you can find on the apple site (then I'd google it and you'll probably find reviews)

Good Luck

oh and no internet is necessary for the transfer, it is PC to Mac connect..

invincible ignorance is an example of ignorance that can not be removed by any amount of evidence. It's now a widespread form of pollution. (Revised quote) An apple a day, keeps the psychiatrist away.. If you play a Windows install CD backwards it has satanic verses
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iStumbler replacement for Snow Leopard | Unable to type in Word X »