New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Microsoft Office 2008-Make it look like the PC version?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

richmerino

richmerino is on a distinguished road

Hey all, i recently received a mac as a gift, and im getting used to it.

however, i strongly prefer the PC appearance/look/layout of Microsoft office specifically powerpoint/word. I was wondering if there is somekind of hack/modification/setting or something that i can do to have the layout of the PC version on my mac....

i just wanted to know if this is possible? if it is could someone please point me in the right direction? thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

No it's not. You have to get use to how it's laid out of in the Mac version. T_T"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
richmerino

richmerino is on a distinguished road

ok, i was hoping some hacker knew how to do it
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Here's a "hack" for you: install Windows via VMWare Fusion and install Office 2007. Enable the Unity option and it'll just be like running a native Mac application.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
cjcoops

cjcoops will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Here's a "hack" for you: install Windows via VMWare Fusion and install Office 2007. Enable the Unity option and it'll just be like running a native Mac application.
As above....

But note, the new formatting 'palette' in mac Office 2008 is rather good... with widescreen laptops it seems a good idea to use the width for more tools and leave the vertical as clutter free as possible... BUT there is NO way of getting rid of the heinous elements bar (!).

Here's how i have mine setup :-

Word also doesn't open up same window size and zoom level as you left it... i posted a long post here about how i found out how to fix it and some good links to style use etc in Word...

Mac Office 2008 - Elements 'rant', auto size/zoom when open file & styles etc - Mac Forums

Coops
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmerino View Post
... i strongly prefer the PC appearance/look/layout of Microsoft office specifically powerpoint/word.
Missing from your stated preference is the specific version(s) of PP/Word that you are so enamored with. What will you do when the "Head Hacks" at MS decide it's time to "freshen up" your beloved a/l/l in a new version, and release a newer OS that your a/l/l will not run on? Will you hold out for as long as possible? (Eventually, something will give; hardware or other software that no longer functions.) Or, will you embrace the new look and just get used to it?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MS Word CUstom Dictionary | Serial Box »