New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

How do you burn .dvdmedia files to a disc?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Newmaccer

Newmaccer is on a distinguished road

I used ripit and it gave me a .dvdmedia file. I found that you can change the extension to .avi and it will create a folder with a Video-TS folder in it. When I try to add the Video-TS folder into Toast though it gives me an error message saying "The source VIDEO-TS FOLDER appears to be damaged". Can someone please explain how to successfully burn a .dvdmedia file?

Thanks very much.
QUOTE Thanks
philly

philly is on a distinguished road

i've been wanting to know the answer for this aswell..
please let me know if someone answers it
thanks ..
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

PLEASE READ: Important information about DVD Ripping (Handbrake/Mac the Ripper)

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
crazysxycool

crazysxycool is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmaccer View Post
I used ripit and it gave me a .dvdmedia file. I found that you can change the extension to .avi and it will create a folder with a Video-TS folder in it. When I try to add the Video-TS folder into Toast though it gives me an error message saying "The source VIDEO-TS FOLDER appears to be damaged". Can someone please explain how to successfully burn a .dvdmedia file?

Thanks very much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly View Post
i've been wanting to know the answer for this aswell..
please let me know if someone answers it
thanks ..
Right click on the .dvdmedia file and select 'Show Contents' and it should open a window that shows the Video_TS folder. Just drag and drop this folder into Toast. Make sure 'Video_TS Folders' is selected under the video tab.

Hope this helps!

Wyman
QUOTE Thanks
Newmaccer

Newmaccer is on a distinguished road

thanks for the help but this method gave me the exact same error message as the other...
QUOTE Thanks
crazysxycool

crazysxycool is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmaccer View Post
thanks for the help but this method gave me the exact same error message as the other...
Go into the preferences and uncheck 'use .dvdmedia extension'. This will create the video and audio ts folder automatically. Do not try and change the file to another extension. After you've done this, try a different disc and see if you get the same error.

Wyman
QUOTE Thanks
tomgreg2008

tomgreg2008 is on a distinguished road

Worked...! Thanks guys.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhoto 11 Crashing | Adobe Reader X »