New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Games - Please please someone help me

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sugarroy

I have a brand new powerbook combo drive with 512mb memory etc etc and am trying to run Football manager 2005. I have OSX 10.3.9 and the latest patch for the game. When I am trying to run the game, it will not load at all on anyhthing other than the lowest settings (though it installed fine) and when it is on the lowest setting it crashes 50% of the time when I try to load it, and if it does load it crashes every 20 mins or so. The manufacturers seem to think there is generally no problem with it on the mac. I have tried reinstalling it with and without the patch (which incidently did nothing at all to help the problem) plus I have tried installing it to different folders to no avail. Does anyone please have any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
IChing

Try gamefaq forum, I don't have the game but it sounds like you tried everything that I would have tried except running your disk repair utility.
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Well, I would think that the game has some kind of a curruption in it. I would think Tiger will help your problem. Otherwise I guess try the classic fixes "permissions etc"
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

What are the requirements as far as video memory for the game? How much do you have (vram)? This is different than total ram. If you dont have enough vram it probably wont run.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

try. repair permissions. After every software update, and about every 2 weeks: close all apps and log totally off. Log on, go in Finder, Applications. Utilities, Disk Utility. After the message -getting disk information- select volume (below the hard drive name -upper left corner). Just highlight it. Now look to the lower two things are there near the middle, verify permissions, repair permissions. Click repair permissions
QUOTE Thanks
sugarroy

Thanks,
I have tried repairs and it is still not working. Hopefully Tiger will work unless others have any other ideas. According to the manufacturers all my specifications mean it should work without a problem bu this is not the case.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« best email, best browser, best word processor, best multimedia | Cubase SE crash on startup »