New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iWork etc - unused space at the side

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mikethebook

Mikethebook is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2.26Ghz 2GB RAM

I'm new to Mac - very new - and one thing that frustrates me so far is that most apps I open do not fill the screen left to right to make use of it. Surely there must be a way to make Pages fill the screen but I haven't found it yet. Can anyone help? I thought the green button would do it like on Windows programs but apparently not.
QUOTE Thanks
scathe

scathe is a jewel in the roughscathe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2,4Ghz 15" unibody

drag the window to the top left corner so that it aligns with the edge of your screen and the top menu , then grap the window by it's bottom right corner and drag that out however you like

the green button stretches the window to it's maximum size, depending on content, not the screen resolution
QUOTE Thanks
Mikethebook

Mikethebook is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2.26Ghz 2GB RAM

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

A common complaint from switchers, it's a non-issue really. To re-phrase the above, the green button will stretch the window to be as big as it needs to be, thus not wasting any window area within the window. In other words, it's smarter than a "full screen" default. I like to be able to see, and access, my icons along the sides of my screen, as well as another open window underneath, which saves me a "trip" to the Dock.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« has anyone used/tried ClamXav? | Limit user access rights - MacOSX 10.5.6 »