New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Why does Safari take so long to load a web page?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

stevetgn

stevetgn is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 8 core Mac Pro, 21.5" iMac, 13" Macbook Pro, iPhone 4

Why does Safari take so long to load a web page?

When I type a ULR into Safari it sits there for what seems like ages before the page starts to download. I don't get this problem with Firefox. What's happening? Isn't Safari supposed to be the worlds fastest browser?

I would prefer to use Safari because of the better OS integration but its so slow!

Any one else having the same problem?
QUOTE Thanks
PsYkOoOoO

PsYkOoOoO is on a distinguished road

It's working fine for me. There are a few things you can do. You could reset Safari, or clear its caches and start over. If not, repair disk permissions and try again.
QUOTE Thanks
stevetgn

stevetgn is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 8 core Mac Pro, 21.5" iMac, 13" Macbook Pro, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYkOoOoO View Post
It's working fine for me. There are a few things you can do. You could reset Safari, or clear its caches and start over. If not, repair disk permissions and try again.
It's strange, it's always been the same for me.
I have a Mac Pro in the studio I own and safari is slow on that. I've just bought one of the new iMacs for home and the same again! I love the browser itself but it just seems to hang around for ages before finding the web page!
Wish I could sort it out.
QUOTE Thanks
PsYkOoOoO

PsYkOoOoO is on a distinguished road

That's strange! But then again, if you are already comfortable with FireFox, what happens when you use that on your Mac?
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.9 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.6.8

Something that *might* be affecting Safari's performance is the adblock function, assuming you're using it. I know that Camino (my preferred browser) sometimes 'hangs' while all the ad servers try to impose cookie data, but the delay is several seconds at most, much of the time. Occasionally I have to quit Camino and try again.

As suggested, clearing the cache often improves browser performance.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« FireFOx is eating CPU | SciDAVis (Mac OSX 10.6) - application quits on open »