New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Duplicating Cracked DVD?

Thread Closed

PsYkOoOoO

PsYkOoOoO is on a distinguished road

Hello everybody,

This morning, my sister messaged me over Skype and asked me for help regarding a cracked DVD of hers that she bought from Japan. It is some limited edition DVD that she bought, so she'd really like to recover the contents of the DVD and then duplicate it on a blank DVD.

The DVD has a crack in the middle near the plastic ring, about half a centimeter in length, and she is really nervous about running it in a drive, because I told her about the possibilities of it cracking further, and then being stuck in the drive. The only computer capable of burning a DVD in the house is my iMac, but I am currently not in the country to figure out how to do it. I tried to create a new disk image and then burning it from Disk Utility, but there seems to be some kind of copyright protection on the DVD, and I think it said something about me not having the permission to do what I was doing. I couldn't create a disk image, and now we are stuck.

Anyway, I am wondering if there is a way to safely extract the contents of the DVD (hopefully with the menus and everything) and then burning it onto another DVD. Also, it has to bypass the copyright stuff, if possible. I don't suppose this topic is off limits, since my sister did buy it herself, right?
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Probably not going to get any help here because it is a copyrighted disk and has copyright protection on it.

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

I'm betting that this conversation IS off limits, considering how a person might say just about anything in order to get information on how to rip and burn a copy written DVD. So before this thread is closed, I'll just say one thing:

google
PsYkOoOoO

PsYkOoOoO is on a distinguished road

Alright, I will go back to square one.

Thread Closed

« quicktime - opening movies in the same window | unfamiliar login on facebook »