New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Looking for a Remote Desktop Manager

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fyrhazzrd

fyrhazzrd is on a distinguished road

I have been hunting around for weeks, and I am unable to find a suitable Remote Desktop Manager.

I am trying to get away from Windows altogether, and until I can find a suitable application that will fit my needs, I'm stuck. I really want to wipe my bootcamp partition.

The one I currently use with windows is VisionApp vRD, and it works perfectly in Windows, but they just don't offer anything for the Mac OS.

Basically what I am looking for is an application that when I open it up will have a pane of some sort that will allow me to save RDP connections in a directory tree type of format.

So that when I need to log into say one of my Domain Controllers all I have to do is expand the Domain Controllers folder and click on the domain controller that I need to log into. It would then in turn launch a remote desktop connection in a tabbed window. By doing it in a tabbed window it allows you to be able to control more than one RDP session at a time, just by going back and forth between tabs.

Does anyone know if anything like this or similar exists for the mac?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Not sure if this will fit the bill, but Microsoft makes a RDP client for Mac.

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
Not sure if this will fit the bill, but Microsoft makes a RDP client for Mac.

Regards
...which you can use the way you want just by saving your connections into a folder or folders. You can put that folder on the desktop and/or in the Dock as a stack.

When connections are open, they will each appear as individual icons in the Dock. You can click back and forth in the Dock, use Expose, or command-tab.
QUOTE Thanks
motzilla

motzilla is on a distinguished road

I know this thread is older than dirt but it was one of the first hits on google when I was search for rdp manager for the mac.

Anywho... stumbled on a decent rdp manager called CoRD and it's pretty cool, check it out if you wish.

CoRD: Remote Desktop for Mac OS X

cheers,
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Last Chaos on Mac | FileZilla Password Recovery. »