New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

World time zone manager

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fncos

fncos is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MAC OS X - 10.5.8, 2,13GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo, FF

Hi,

for my macbook I am using firefox browser, and seeking an addon as a world time zone manager or a website I can direct link to.

I need to see at an instant for 6 locations the time, date on a 24 hr style, maybe with a map, distances measured distances. Any other useful infos, could make the addon/website even more useful for my needs.

I have checked many related topics/addons on this. But most, appear to have spy software/ad pop-ups etc. I am seeking one that is secure, and stable to use.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
nabl

nabl has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09

I'm not quite sure that I understand what you're asking, but have you considered the World Clock widget in Dashboard? It seems like it would work perfectly for you; you can drag on as many as you want, set them for any time zone or city, and access them with one key press.

Edit: I forgot that you wanted a 24-hour clock; if you simply can't work without it, perhaps you could find a similar, even more suitable widget on Apple's download page. In fact, the featured widget of the day is a world clock!
QUOTE Thanks
rogerinlondon

rogerinlondon will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro 2,66GHz 10GB RAM NV 8800GT Cinema 30" * MBP 15" Glossy 2.33 GHz 2 Duo 3GB RAM 160GB HD

Have you checked out the Firefox FoxClocks extension?
QUOTE Thanks
growlgrowl

growlgrowl is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2

I've just installed the featured widget mentioned above and I find it too cluttered and also all the clocks I chose were an hour out!! Buenos Aires, Edinburgh, Sydney and Paris!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
fncos

Hey Nabl,

thank you for the link.

It was something on the line, that I was looking for. I wished it had more functionality to make it even more useful to meet my needs.

I just couldnt figure out, why I cant keep it on the dashboard as long I want it. After moving on around the screen, it keeps disappearing only to reappear again through the dashboard window!
QUOTE Thanks
fncos

Hi rogerinlondon/growlgrowl,

as for foxclock to solve the issue that you are facing you need most likely to adjust your system time to your clock time!

This one has many functionalities that I could need, but I cant locate some city names!

How were you able to delete it, I cant delete mine?
QUOTE Thanks
nabl

nabl has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09

Quote:
Originally Posted by fncos View Post
Hey Nabl,

thank you for the link.

It was something on the line, that I was looking for. I wished it had more functionality to make it even more useful to meet my needs.

I just couldnt figure out, why I cant keep it on the dashboard as long I want it. After moving on around the screen, it keeps disappearing only to reappear again through the dashboard window!
I believe you're referring to the nature of Dashboard; it's only there when you need it. However, if you would like the widget to always stay on top, there is a way to keep it present persistently. Just follow these instructions. Alternatively, here's a video I made that will show you step by step what to do (following the same instructions, just played out).
QUOTE Thanks
fncos

Hi,

thank you for the useful inside.

However, I got a message that I have a limited time left, and have to purchase it afterward the limited time is over.

As I indicated before, especially if I have to pay for it, I will want something to meet my needs through its functionality and features.

This addon has only, limited features that are useful to me!

Thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks
RickPrather

RickPrather has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: iMac C2D (Penryn) 2.8 GHz 4GB RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabl View Post
I believe you're referring to the nature of Dashboard; it's only there when you need it. However, if you would like the widget to always stay on top, there is a way to keep it present persistently. Just follow these instructions.
Good link and video too.

FWIW, for those that are Terminal Averse there is a check box in Onyx that allows you to enable the Dashboard Devmode.
QUOTE Thanks
Collin Bl

Collin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the roughCollin Bl is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S

i went for AION so i could personalise Menubar dropdown and have this;

Click for full size

krzysp.net - AION - downlaod

NB Time Calculator does not work in Leopard or Snow Leopard but rest does.
QUOTE Thanks
fncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin Bl View Post
i went for AION so i could personalise Menubar dropdown and have this;

Click for full size

krzysp.net - AION - downlaod

NB Time Calculator does not work in Leopard or Snow Leopard but rest does.
Hi,

thank you for the link.
But your link doesnt work, could you pls give me the proper name of this. So that, I can locate it easier on reliable download portals.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

The link is working fine. Perhaps the site was down when you tried it. Or try the main page - krzysp.net

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
fncos

Hi,

I have tried already few times to access that link, but the page would not open; in fact its a blank page!

Anyone, accessed that link for the world time manager?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Video conferencing versus webcam conferencing! | Save safari bookmarks? »