New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Ľ Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Ľ Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Converting Applescript to background process

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Antman

Antman is on a distinguished road

I put together an Applescript application that opens Safari and checks for available jobs on a website - https://campbell.subfinderonline.com/

It works, but it's incredibly annoying as it pops up every 5 minutes, often disrupting my browsing. Changing the time interval is not an option for me.

I was turned on to the idea that I could write something using cURL, which could do everything my app does but in the background. I scoured for a thread and YouTube videos to teach me how to do this, but the source code is different from every tutorial I've seen. I've only managed to navigate to the site using terminal, but I can't log in!

I could really use some help here. Unfortunately, I can't provide a username or password for obvious reasons, but any ideas would be welcomed. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Photoshop on Mac OS X 10.6? | imovie 09 or 08 on ibook g4 »