New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

I Have Dell Jukebox? How can I upload music to it using my mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macmini4life3

Hello,

I recently bought a mac mini. I previously owned a dell jukebox and have been uploading it on my families PC...However I would like to be able to upload music to it on my mac...how can this be done?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

I would imagine that you could only use it as an external HD on the Mac. As far as I can tell there is no program for the Mac that will be able to read the music files from it.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I'd say sell that thing on eBay and buy an iPod.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

It's funny. Every ignorant person called Apple the proprietary one. Apple wrote software so that the iPod could connect to both Windows and Macs. Yet Dell, Microsoft, etc only write stuff for the PC. The world is a funny place eh?
QUOTE Thanks
macmini4life3

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb
I'd say sell that thing on eBay and buy an iPod.
Yea! I would like to...however i want and Ipod mini which costs about 150 and i don't know how much this thing would sell for...it's nice however the uploading is a pain...since i have to keep the music on a different comp.
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

have you tried iTunes yet? i have a Rio s35s, i know they are way different, and plugged it right in and was able to load it. check it out

QUOTE Thanks
sonnycheeba23

sonnycheeba23 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: New 13" Macbook Pro 2.5 ghz, 4gb ddr3, 500gb hd | 16gb Nano

I've never tried it but try this
http://www.wentnet.com/projects/xnjb/index.html
QUOTE Thanks
rmhop81

rmhop81 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplejustWorks
It's funny. Every ignorant person called Apple the proprietary one. Apple wrote software so that the iPod could connect to both Windows and Macs. Yet Dell, Microsoft, etc only write stuff for the PC. The world is a funny place eh?
hmmm maybe it's bc the pc market is 90% and apple only holds like 10%, so why would microsoft and dell waste money on that when there is barely anyone out of the 10% of apple users that would actually use their stuff on their mac. they are smart and not wasting money.
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

I'm stupid. Forgot to eat cookie
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

When you plug it in, does it recognize it as a HD?
QUOTE Thanks
rmhop81

rmhop81 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplejustWorks
Maybe it's because that other 90% of PC users are just like you
hmmm right since i own a pc...just saying the reality of it all. it would be a waste of money for them to make it compatible with apple. apple users aren't going to buy a freakin dell dj, that's just common sense. we have the ipod. so if APPLE made the ipod ONLY compatible with mac's they wouldn't sell for crap bc apple is like only 10% of the market of computers.hence they make a huge profit if they made them compatible with windows....if they didn't they wouldn't be where they are today. must be hard for you to comprehend.
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhop81
hmmm right since i own a pc...just saying the reality of it all. it would be a waste of money for them to make it compatible with apple. apple users aren't going to buy a freakin dell dj, that's just common sense. we have the ipod. so if APPLE made the ipod ONLY compatible with mac's they wouldn't sell for crap bc apple is like only 10% of the market of computers.hence they make a huge profit if they made them compatible with windows....if they didn't they wouldn't be where they are today. must be hard for you to comprehend.

actually, I understand perfectly. I'm so terribly sorry for my rudeness. I'm not ordinarily like that, I must have not eaten my cookie.

:mac:
QUOTE Thanks
torchy

torchy is a jewel in the roughtorchy is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.

A bit messy but I installed iTunes on the XP, converted and added the WMP music into iTunes, then sent them to the Mac (via e mail as they are not connected.) :-)

~ 13" MacBook Air. OSX 10.9 ~ iPad 2 & iPhone ~
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Gmail drive | Movie Stills »