New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

A Cuckoo Application?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Synenndara

Synenndara is on a distinguished road

Every hour, on the hour, my Macbook Pro does this annoying Cuckoo thing. I have no clue what it is! I want it to stop! I'm new to using Macs so I have no clue what's going on. I think I've had this laptop for almost 2 months now and it only started doing that recently(within the last month). I think it may be an application, but no applications that I have (that I know of), have any sort of alarm. Please, someone help me with my crazy cuckoo clock computer!
QUOTE Thanks
PsYkOoOoO

PsYkOoOoO is on a distinguished road

Go to System Preferences > Date & Time, and see if the "Announce the time" check box has been checked. If it is, uncheck it.
QUOTE Thanks
Synenndara

Synenndara is on a distinguished road

I already tried that and I have it set to having no alarm go off. It still cuckoos, but the strange thing is that it will start cuckooing at about 5 usually and will go every hour until the computer is shut down. Sometimes though, it'll start earlier than that and keep going every hour.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Superduper backup question/advice. | Google Browser »