New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

PDF Editor for Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mark McLean

Mark McLean is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone

I have a problem. I have a PDF form which I need to fill out each time I get a new customer but don't have a tool at the moment which will allow me to input the text each time I need to.

I have been told that Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro is great and will do the job, but Adobe do not have a trial version for Mac users, only PC users (Although you can purchase Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro for the Mac, so thats stupid that they don't offer the 30 day trial).

Anyway, I am looking for a simple, idiot proof free tool which will allow me to add text into the PDF where necessary. i need the text to be the same font as the rest of the PDF and to line up properly.

Any help would be fantastic.

cheers all

Mark
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Quote:
The Acrobat 9 Pro trial is available for Windows® users only. Mac users can experience Acrobat 9 Pro as a part of an Adobe Creative Suite® 4 trial.
There's a free trial, it's just packaged with a the rest of the suite (how I got my Acrobat version). Other than that, there are probably some freeware editors out there, but I haven't used any personally

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McLean View Post
Hi Everyone

I have a problem. I have a PDF form which I need to fill out each time I get a new customer but don't have a tool at the moment which will allow me to input the text each time I need to.

I have been told that Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro is great and will do the job, but Adobe do not have a trial version for Mac users, only PC users (Although you can purchase Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro for the Mac, so thats stupid that they don't offer the 30 day trial).

Anyway, I am looking for a simple, idiot proof free tool which will allow me to add text into the PDF where necessary. i need the text to be the same font as the rest of the PDF and to line up properly.

Any help would be fantastic.

cheers all

Mark
Who is making you edit these documents? If they created the form, they should have a copy of Acrobat themselves, and they should be able to create a PDF that can be filled out in Preview or Adobe Reader.

If they can't or won't do that, they they really ought to pay for your copy of Acrobat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
There's a free trial, it's just packaged with a the rest of the suite (how I got my Acrobat version).
That would make it not free, then, right?
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by technologist View Post
Who is making you edit these documents? If they created the form, they should have a copy of Acrobat themselves, and they should be able to create a PDF that can be filled out in Preview or Adobe Reader.

If they can't or won't do that, they they really ought to pay for your copy of Acrobat.

That would make it not free, then, right?
he asked about the free trial as well.. I'll just shut up though.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Twain Sane | Image fusker? »