New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

uploading to an FTP site from mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gib65

gib65 is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this, and if it is please move it.

I'm still getting used to my new mac computer. One thing that I'm having trouble with is uploading to my FTP site ftp://198.166.42.245 which is hosted by a PC running Windows Server 2003. It tells me it cannot be modified (i.e. no files can be written to the upload folder). But I only get this problem when trying to upload from my mac. All other computer (all PCs) can upload without a problem.

Is there some trick I need to know?
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

A totally simple, easy to use, VERY user-friend appp, and "man's best friend," check out Fetch!.

IT behaves much like OS X, in the sense that it's drag and drop. OR you can use the "get" and "put" buttons when you're in the desired directory.

Does have encryption support, and most basic FTP functions that you'd want.

AND!

It's free. So enjoy!

Also, the server that you're trying to log into, check with the admin, or if it's yours, make sure the directories have the proper disk permissions so that it can be written to from a remote connection.

PS. I use this app to FTP from my gf and I's G4 Powerbook into my soft-modded original Xbox to put media on it (as I use it as an HTPC/media center). IT works gracefully and does everything I want it to.

It's so simple, I even got her hooked on using it.
QUOTE Thanks
wmprice1240

wmprice1240 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB

A known limitation of the Finder and FTP (which I assume you are using) is that write support is not implemented. DarkArt mentioned Fetch, there is also Cyberduck which is quite popular.

If you are running OSX 10.6 aka Snow Leopard just make sure you grab the 3.3b4 release..
QUOTE Thanks
TheGreatApple

TheGreatApple is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Do have Dreamweaver by chance?
QUOTE Thanks
eakinasila

eakinasila is on a distinguished road

How can I get a cellphone to automatically take pictures and upload them (ftp or otherwise) to the web? I would like a way to automate a cellphone to take pictures at timed intervals, then upload them to a remote (web) directory. Can this be done without some external hardware, say perhaps by programming something on the phone itself or is there an existing app that I can use?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Looking for an Itunes for video | No torrents downloading »