New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Image paste problem in PowerPoint/Word


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
Beggsy

 
Member Since: Nov 12, 2009
Posts: 4
Beggsy is on a distinguished road

Beggsy is offline
Hi, afraid I am a new Mac user but will try my best to provide necessary details.

Whenever I try to copy + paste an image from the net into my Powerpoint, it simply pastes the URL. I have just tried this in Word and the same thing happens. This is a big problem as I need to put together presentations that draw on multiple internet images, and saving the files before copying them will be overly laborious. I would really appreciate someone's help in letting me know what's going wrong!

I am using a 2 month old MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard. I have MS Powerpoint 12.1 for Mac. I'd be very grateful for any advice - please let me know if more info is needed to solve this.

Thanks
Beggsy
QUOTE Thanks
nabl

 
nabl's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 13, 2007
Location: United States of America
Posts: 256
nabl has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09

nabl is offline
If you're using the contextual ("right-click") menu to copy the files, make sure you're choosing Copy Image and not Copy Image Address. The latter will copy the image URL, just as you said.

As an alternative, as long as the image is not a link you can simply click and drag it into PowerPoint directly. If the PowerPoint window is hidden, drag the image to the PowerPoint icon in the Dock and wait for Exposé to show all open PowerPoint documents and then hold the image over the right document until it comes forward, at which point you can release the mouse button. It sounds like a complex process, but it makes a whole lot of sense once you do it.
QUOTE Thanks
Beggsy

 
Member Since: Nov 12, 2009
Posts: 4
Beggsy is on a distinguished road

Beggsy is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabl View Post
If you're using the contextual ("right-click") menu to copy the files, make sure you're choosing Copy Image and not Copy Image Address. The latter will copy the image URL, just as you said.

As an alternative, as long as the image is not a link you can simply click and drag it into PowerPoint directly. If the PowerPoint window is hidden, drag the image to the PowerPoint icon in the Dock and wait for Exposé to show all open PowerPoint documents and then hold the image over the right document until it comes forward, at which point you can release the mouse button. It sounds like a complex process, but it makes a whole lot of sense once you do it.
Thanks but I've tried all that. This is not a problem of me choosing the wrong options. Nor is it as simple as carrying out the copy and paste by a slightly different route - ie. your suggestion of dropping the image in to Ppt directly - that does not work either. Any other ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
nabl

 
nabl's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 13, 2007
Location: United States of America
Posts: 256
nabl has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09

nabl is offline
Would you mind sharing a link to a specific Web site and/or image that's giving you this issue?
QUOTE Thanks
Beggsy

 
Member Since: Nov 12, 2009
Posts: 4
Beggsy is on a distinguished road

Beggsy is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabl View Post
Would you mind sharing a link to a specific Web site and/or image that's giving you this issue?
I don't mean to sound flippant but choose literally any image on google image - I have tried dozens over the past 3 Ppt sessions.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
nabl

 
nabl's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 13, 2007
Location: United States of America
Posts: 256
nabl has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09

nabl is offline
I'm still not able to reproduce your problem… The only other thing I can think of is that you might not have the latest version; perhaps that's a glitch in an older version. Try checking for updates (the option is inexplicably located in the Help menu). You mentioned that you have 12.1, and I believe the most recent version is 12.2.3. I hope that sorts it out for you.
QUOTE Thanks
Beggsy

 
Member Since: Nov 12, 2009
Posts: 4
Beggsy is on a distinguished road

Beggsy is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabl View Post
I'm still not able to reproduce your problem… The only other thing I can think of is that you might not have the latest version; perhaps that's a glitch in an older version. Try checking for updates (the option is inexplicably located in the Help menu). You mentioned that you have 12.1, and I believe the most recent version is 12.2.3. I hope that sorts it out for you.
I got the update - and it worked! Thanks for persisting with the help, much appreciated.

Cheers,
b
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Safari 4.0.4 Security Feature | MobileMe »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Problem with launching x11 applications kousik OS X - Development and Darwin 8 11-19-2009 12:42 AM
forward a message which is image included at Gmail deniz_seasdie OS X - Operating System 0 04-17-2008 02:25 AM
Please Help with Image Problem Canadian Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography 2 02-06-2008 02:50 PM
Brand NEW 17" Santa Rosa MBP Thermal Paste Nightmare! nikhsub1 Apple Notebooks 38 07-01-2007 08:16 PM
DVD Player problem: Bad image quality mushyosh Other Hardware and Peripherals 2 11-08-2004 03:04 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?